Blackpool Trams are UK’s Number 1 for Customer Satisfaction | Little Touches

Blackpool Trams are UK’s Number 1 for Customer Satisfaction

Blackpool Transport Trams UK Number 1 Customer Satisfaction


An independent national survey has revealed that Blackpool Trams are number one for customer satisfaction in the UK, for the second year running.


The research, published on 2nd April 2019 sees Blackpool Trams outperform other UK city tram operators such as Manchester Metrolink and West Midlands Metro, with the joint highest customer satisfaction score of 97% shared with Sheffield Supertram.


Published by independent watchdog Transport Focus, the research surveyed more than 4,500 tram customers across the UK.


Blackpool Trams also saw substantial increases in how satisfied customers are with value for money (up 3%) and punctuality of the trams (up 2%). Overall satisfaction with the tram stop environment also increased by 5% versus previous year scores.


The research also reports that customers are happier than ever with the welcome they receive on trams along with the helpfulness of staff on board.


It’s no secret that we’ve put a lot of emphasis on the wellbeing and training of our staff over the past 3 years, with the inclusion of Disability Awareness training as standard to all of our teams. It’s extremely rewarding to see that 97% of our customers are satisfied with the helpfulness & attitude of our teams and almost equally satisfied with the greeting and welcome they receive when they board our trams.

Jane Cole, Managing Director  

Blackpool Transport


Blackpool Transport recently received high commendation for bus services in Blackpool too, with recent research by Transport Focus reporting 9 out of 10 users were satisfied with their bus service.


The full Tram Passenger Survey results can be found at



Blackpool Attraction and Show Tickets

Tickets? Yes, please!


Blackpool Reserve Hotel Room

Need a Blackpool Hotel?

Reserve a Room 

→ Right this Way